Essential Skills Tutor (6 month temporary)
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Responsible for providing literacy, numeracy and digital literacy support within workshops or one to one settings with learners to support their achievement of Essential Skills qualifications
- Accountable for supporting and fully engaging learners and employers in the qualification
- To arrange, conduct and invigilate controlled tasks with learners undertaking their Essential Skills Qualification
- Responsible for carrying out all organisational and administrative work, preparation and marking associated with teaching and assessment responsibilities
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Experience of working within Work Based Learning and to Award Body standards
- Previous experience in delivering Essential Skills or equivalent qualifications
- The ability to speak Welsh advantageous
This role is subject to a DBS check, the cost of the DBS check will be met by the company
The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner
Salary: £18,000 - £23,000
Location: Bangor, Caernarfon, Porthmadog, Betws-y-Coed areas
Closing Date: 30.06.17
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including a 35 hour working week, contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, personal development and career opportunities, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
The full job description is available to view here
You can apply for this vacancy by:
- E-mail: Send a CV and / or covering letter and email it directly through to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]
- Post: Send a CV and / or covering letter by post to the Human Resources Department, Itec House, Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8TT
If you require any further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 02920 663800.