Part-Time Learner Coach
What are the core responsibilities of this role?
- Working with youth learners (16-18 year olds) engaging, motivating and supporting them to build their employability skills and successfully complete their learning programme.
- Responsible for completing interviews with young people interested in entering our traineeship programme
- Accountable for conducting group inductions with young people starting at our centre
- Accountable for providing a learner led individual service through the planning, monitoring and reviewing of each learners progress
- Working as part of a team, effectively liaising with colleagues to provide individualised learner support
What skills and experience are we looking for from potential applicants?
- Professional and articulate with effective communication skills
- Experience and knowledge of working with disengaged youths and challenging behaviour
- Good knowledge of safeguarding requirements within youth provisions
- Ability to motivate and inspire young people starting on their career paths
- Passionate about working with young people and making a difference
- Exceptionally organised with the ability to work to multiple deadlines and priorities
- Welsh speaking would be advantageous
This role is subject to a DBS check. The cost of the DBS check will be met by the company The successful appointment will need to be self-registered with the Education Workforce Council as a Work-Based Learning Practitioner
Salary Banding: £10,800 - £13,800
Closing date: 23/01/2018
Location: Cardiff (3 days a week)
Benefits: Excellent benefits package, including a contributory pension scheme, 25 days annual leave plus bank holidays, personal development and career opportunities, childcare voucher scheme, cycle to work scheme
The full job description is available to view here
You can apply for this vacancy by:
- E-mail: Send a CV and / or covering letter and email it directly through to the Human Resources Department: [email protected]
- Post: Send a CV and / or covering letter by post to the Human Resources Department, Itec House, Penarth Road, Cardiff, CF11 8TT
If you require any further information please contact the Human Resources Department on 02920 663800.